In its fourth year, The Sunshine Coast Asian Food Festival returns to the serene rainforest grounds of Spicers Tamarind Retreat on Sunday 28 February 2021 from 1pm to 6pm.
It’s the perfect occasion to gather friends and family for an afternoon of vibrant Asian Street food, refreshing beverages, great sounds, cooking demos, riesling masterclasses and relaxing pleasures…
- Indulge in flavoursome Asian Street Food by The Tamarind’s highly acclaimed Head Chef, Daniel Jarrett
- Quench your thirst with local beverages and brews
- Tinker with inspired cocktails from Noosa’s Fortune Distillery including their irresistible gins and vodkas
- Sip on stunning wines from the family owned Brockenchack Winery based in Barossa’s Eden Valley
- Gain new cooking skills by attending the Asian cooking demonstrations hosted by The Tamarind’s talented chefs in their on-site Cooking School
- Taste and learn at a Riesling Masterclass hosted wine guru, highly awarded sommelier and MC Peter Marchant
- Meander thru the lush and serene rainforest of Tamarind Retreat
- Lounge on ‘bring-your-own’ picnic blankets and cushions on the slopes of the natural grassed amphitheatre
- Listen to the cool sounds of the live entertainment
- Wander from street stall to street stall to be tempted by the food and drinks, and to chat to the knowledgeable experts
Sneak Peek at the mod-Asian-fusion Street Food
- Okonomiyaki rice bowl, spicy pork, cabbage, kewpie, bulldog sauce, seasoned sushi rice, bonito
- Korean burger, bulgogi braised brisket, brioche bun, American cheese, pickles, mustard, mayo
- Crispy fried chicken ribs, black pepper and ginger caramel
- Shanghai-style chilled noodles, Fraser Isle spanner crab, Chinese sesame noodle sauce
- Asian-inspired dessert collaboration with Maleny Food Co – surprise!
Where: Spicers Tamarind Retreat, 88 Obi Lane South, Maleny, Sunshine Coast Hinterland, QLD
When: 1pm to 6pm, Sunday 28 February 2021
Festival Ticket PP: Adult $125; Children $85 – Includes
- 5 Food Tickets – one for each of the five food stalls
- 2 Beverage Tickets – from three stalls
Festival Ticket + Riesling Masterclass Ticket PP: Adult $165 – Includes
- Festival Ticket offers as above PLUS a Riesling Masterclass
All Inclusive Festival Ticket + Riesling Masterclass + Beverage Package: Adult $265
- Festival Ticket offers as above + Riesling Masterclass +
- 4Hour unlimited beverage package – includes ‘by-the-glass’ (excludes French Champagne)
- Additional food and beverages (including French Champagne) vouchers will be available to all for purchase on the day
- Due to the nature of this event, unfortunately the catering of special dietary requirements cannot be fulfilled on the day
- This is an outdoor event, and it will progress in all weather conditions
- BYO picnic blankets and cushions
To Book Accommodation:
- Includes Luxury Accom, 2 Festival Tickets, Breakfast, Cheese and Charcuterie Board
Spicers Tamarind Retreat offers rainforest fringed luxury, infused with the seductive spices of Asia. Tamarind is a welcome 18 acre sanctuary of calm and elegance.
A getaway at the retreat is an extraordinary experience; an Asian-influenced oasis that feels like you’re a world away, surrounded by natural beauty and tranquillity. Western luxury with eastern tranquillity. Relax in Spa Anise, astonish yourself at the Tamarind Cooking School or just enjoy the stillness of a truly unique escape – just an hour north of Brisbane and 3km east of the Maleny township.
The Tamarind Restaurant
Exotic flavours of the Far East with a Thai heart in a lush rainforest setting.
The Tamarind, under the inspired direction of Head Chef Dan Jarrett, has earned an enviable reputation on the Sunshine Coast for Modern Asian cuisine. Awarded one Chef Hat in the 2018 and 2020 National Good Food Guides, The Tamarind’s menu is mod-Asian fusion at its best – effortlessly combining sweet, sour and spicy flavours with fresh local produce – the perfect meeting of traditional and new. Also, breakfasts are aspirational, and not to be missed.
Learn more about the Asian influences of The Tamarind and why they are highly awarded https://spicersretreats.com/restaurants/the-tamarind/
Chef Daniel Jarrett has mastered the culinary art of modern Asian cuisine during his highly-acclaimed career. Leading an Asian fusion experience however originally French trained, Daniel continues to delight modern Thai and mod-Asian food lovers in South East Queensland. His passion for food, combined with his outstanding culinary ability has seen him receive a number of awards, most notably a One Chef Hat in the 2018, 2020 and 2021 Australian Good Food Guide awards.