MENTORED BY A MASTER: A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY FOR SURF FILMMAKERS - BYRON BAY SURF FESTIVAL
Friday, 17 August, 2012 - by Brian Usher
The prize pool is exceptional, the winner receiving mentorship under legendary filmmaker, Taylor Steele. Local surf legend, Bob McTavish, is also donating a surfboard for the pool, other awards including a Go Pro HD2 Surf Camera and guaranteed screening at the 2013 Byron Bay Film Festival.
Following the theme of Surf Culture Now – Experimental Surf Designs, competitors of any age or ability must produce a film of between five and seven minutes. The theme is very much open to interpretation, but final work must be presented in DVD format.
Terms & Conditions:
• All films must be a minimum of 5 mins and no more than 7 minutes in length
• The film must be surf-oriented and follow the theme, “Surf Culture Now- Experimental Surf Designs”
• Only fully-edited films will be accepted
• Films must be presented in DVD format, playable on a conventional DVD player (contact us for alternative options)
• Films/DVDs will not be returned to the filmmaker
• Closing date for entries is Friday, September 28th
• Entry fee is $10, payable by September 28th. Payment details available upon request
• By entering your film you are allowing the BBSF full screening rights
• The judging will be by a selected BBSF committee and shall be final
• The finalists will be contacted via email by October 15th.
For more information go to www.byronbaysurffestival.com or contact the BBSF team via email, firstname.lastname@example.org